Saturday, July 22, 2006

Meet the Cats!

Ok so Jenn wins the prize for regulary updating their Blogspot.

Last post (6/30/2006) we introduced the dogs. This posting we will introduce the cats.

Griffin

This is Griffin; he is the nicest, loving, and sweetest cat you could ever meet, unless he gets outside. When he does manage to escape the confines of the house all of the little marbles in his head (he’s not too bright to begin with) stop rolling around and he turns into psycho kitty…

This cat, out of all of the pets that I have ever had, has sent me (Dave) to the hospital. After he got out of the house he freaked out and attacked me when I went to get him. It turns out a cat has one of the cleanest coats out of all (furry) house-pets but their mouths are a den of bacteria. When I woke up the next morning, the bite marks I had from him became infected and I wound up in the ER due to infection and I missed three days of work.

All of that is behind Griffin and I, and he likes to lay on my lap every night.


Jack

We don't have a photo for Jack since he requested that his picture not be taken.

I have never known a cat that hated life until I meet Jack. Jack complains about everything; the food, the dogs, the bipeds (I’ll explain why I say "bipeds" when I get to Murray), the air, etc., etc...

Sadly, I don’t think Jack will be with us by the end of summer. After we put Elvis down in January, Jack has been slowly deteriorating ever since and I think his time on the third rock from the Sun is coming to an end. I would say I’ll miss him, and in a way I will, but since he hates everything he constantly hides from us and the world.

After he goes it will be the end of an era. He is the last of the cats that Heidi had when we met. The other two were Elvis (Jack’s father) and Rocky.

Truman

His eyes look that way because of the flash.

Truman truly is a sweet cat. He loves it when I go into my office and do some work; he really doesn’t care what I work on but so long as it’s just he and I in the room so he can be on my lap and knead me for about 15 minutes or so. Two things with that:

  1. I can’t get anything done until he stops (throwing him off doesn’t work), and
  2. he knows where my nipples are, he hits them every f’n time!

While Truman is a very loving cat he is the only convicted killer (twice) in the house. The first time we accidentally left him outside and he killed a bird; he offered it to us by leaving it at the door to prove his worth in the house. The other kill was inside the house; I was getting ready for work one morning and he was playing with what I thought was one of his toys. He was flipping it up, tossing it around, and having a merry-ol-time. It turns out it wasn’t a toy, it was the stupidest mouse on the face of the earth (what other mouse would enter a house with five cats) and it was a very dead mouse.

Truman is trying to be my new Elvis; we’ll see how that goes.

Murray

If you click on the picture you can see Murray stinking his toung at us.

Murray. Where do I begin with Murray? For anyone who has watched The Family Guy the baby on the show is named Stewie, he has a football shaped head and talks with an English voice and everything is beneath him. We have decided that Murray and Stewie have the same voice. Murray thinks all of us are beneath him that’s why he call’s us the bipeds and the dogs are the drooling, ungraceful creatures (although he may think that the bipeds are drooling, ungraceful creatures as well).

Murray came to us a few years ago the day after Christmas. Heidi and I were outside with the dogs and we heard a cat meowing, it took us a few minutes for us to figure out that it was coming from the garage. Keep in mind we are in Minnesota and it was winter. I found him behind some boards in the garage, how long he was in the garage we’ll never know but the smart mice live in the garage so he would have had a food source if he was in there for any length of time.

Murray has picked up where Rocky left off in trying to kill me. He thinks it’s amusing to try and trip the walking-can-opener as it’s walking down the stairs (or walking in general). Also, he thinks it’s funny to use Zoe as a shield when he runs under her to get outside so he can make an attempt to kill a bird (BTW: he almost has killed a bird) or eat grass.

All in all, Murray thinks all life here is for his amusement and to serve him.

No comments: