This was supposed to be posted last week, but I never got back to it...
We took Friday (7/28) off last week and went to Heidi's parents house for the weekend. With all of the summer traffic, people going to their cabins on the lake, it's easier to go up Friday morning (while everyone is at work) then drive back on Sunday at 1:00 (to beat the traffic coming back).
I'm on Vicodin and a problem I have with the V-Pill is I have really weird dreams and I drift back and forth between sleep / hallucinating dreams (it's hard to explain) / and being awake. I'll get back to this issue in a bit.
As you know parts of the country are experiencing a heat wave; Minnesota is no exception. Its been so hot (how hot is it?) that the dogs look at me when I let them out and they give me that look that says "No thanks, I'll learn how to use the toilet".
We have also been experiencing a drought that is wiping out crops around the state. Yesterday (7/31) we reached official temperatures of over 100 degrees (even though the car has been telling me that it's been over a 100 for a while), MN hasn't seen temperature over 100 in 18 years! I know those of you in New Mexico are saying you should be used to 100 degree temperatures after living here and in Utah. True, but those states don't have humidity!
To re-cap so far, I'm on Vicodin and its been hot. Here's where the kicker comes in...
So we are up at Heidi's parents house and they have window A/C units running. We put one in the window of the bedroom we sleep in and start it up a few minutes to start to cool the room off. It shorts out. Let me say it to you as Heidi and I experienced it; it's hot, its humid, we have no A/C for the night, we have three, furry dogs that like to sleep with us... Other added problems for me are; I'm on Vicodin so I'm not getting any real sleep (see above), I have Sleep Apnea so I don't sleep that well to begin with.
The next night we decided to sleep in the living-room with A/C...
Here's the really cool thing we got to see this weekend! The Budweiser Clydesdales! Not only did we see the horses we got to see the three trucks pull up with the horses and the red-beer cart in them. Then watch as they put the rig together along with hitching the horses up. The whole process took a while but it was really cool to see how it all goes together. I remember being a kid and seeing the clydesdales in all sorts of parade, seeing them again reminded me of those simpler times.
When I have copies of the pictures I will post them on this site. The video I took on my phone is here though:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6387719009174625340&hl=en
No comments:
Post a Comment