So far this year I have been healthy for all of a week; I am my mother's son...
New Years Day both Heidi and I woke up feeling not well (no we were not hungover; ok we were a little hungover...) and we both wound up having a colds. Heidi of course recovered in a week, and it took me three weeks to recover (the joys of a compromised immune system).
The last week of January I was finally healthy!
Then February kicked in... I had a scratchy throat on the 4th and by that Thursday I had a fever of 103. It turns out I had the flu (so much for the $25 flu shot...), Influenza Type A, and since I didn't seek treatment in the first 24 hours (and why would I think I have the flu?) I had no choice but to ride it through and by Saturday I started feeling better.
The following week Heidi starts to feel a little under the weather and my flu is going away except for my cough. Turns out Heidi recovered in a few day; two weeks and a few days later (yesterday) I go back to the Urgent Clinic because I can't stop coughing.
I've been diagnosed with post-flu Bronchitis... Hopefully I'll feel better later this week.
And to add to our collective misery the better part of this year the temp has only been above 0 for fewer days than the dogs have paws... And if you look at the weather report don't forget to add in the wind chill factor... Ask Jesse about the cold and his snot.
It's been so cold the dogs go out and do what needs to be done as quickly as possible; poor Reese comes to the door holding up his paws because they hurt from the extreme cold. The other day I went out and started the car so the brake fluid would heat up (safety first) before we went to work, and I had to carry Reese in because he couldn't walk across the yard to get back in. Zoe of course loves the cold and snow, she's weird that way.
1 comment:
Glad to see you back - not glad to see you've been so sick!
Post a Comment