Monday, February 25, 2008

The Cost of a New Car

Guess how much our new roof is going to cost?! We signed the contract last Saturday...

We have finally reached the point where we need to buy a new roof for the house (since the current roof is falling apart). When we upgraded our Direct TV to HD Direct TV (Oooo...) the guy that came out to install the new dish told Heidi our roof is unsafe and about to fall apart. We collectively decided that this year would be the year we give the gift to each other of asphalt shingles (nothing says I love you, more than asphalt shingles, no matter what the jewelry stores say...).

The homework the Home Depot Home Services guy gave me (BTW: Guess who is doing our roof...) is to remove the insulation that is following the roof slope and lay it on the floor of the knee-wall space. I also need to insulate the walls in the knee-wall space and add in blown insulation. So this summer I get to play with insulation, in June, when its warm outside, and I get to have a long sleeve shirt on (in June, when it's warm) so I'll still be covered in fiberglass, but not as much as if I were wearing a short sleeve shirt and shorts like most everyone else when it's warm.

Maybe renting wasn't SO bad...

No comments: